To celebrate Father’s Day, we thought it’d be fun to name Hollywood’s hunkiest dads. (Which shouldn’t be too hard, considering how many beautiful people live in the City of Angels.) Here are our favorites, in no particular order:
1. James Marsden: The fact that he’s been left for another guy in seven different movies doesn’t make much sense. He’s gorgeous, funny, and extremely down-to-earth (according to a friend of one of our editors who worked on the set of Enchanted). While he looks young, he’s been married for 11 years this summer (yummy, he’s loyal too!) He and wife Lisa have two cute kids with some interesting Hollywood names… Peachpit and Sandpiper? No, Jack and Mary.
2. Hugh Jackman: He played a gay guy on Broadway for quite some time, and that still didn’t kill his masculine sex appeal. This Australian can do no wrong by us. He’s been married to Deborah-Lee Furness since 1996, and although the couple suffered several miscarriages, he stuck by her side and chose to adopt instead. Jackman is dad to Oscar Maximillian and Ava Eliot, who he’s frequently seen playing with on the streets of New York.
3. Jason Bateman: Nerdy has never been so sexy. After watching all three seasons of Arrested Development in about a week and a half, this editor finally saw why one of her childhood friends is obsessed with the comeback kid. He’s a total dork while trying to raise his fictional son, George Michael, on the show, but in real-life his curly-haired cutie is named Francesca Nora, and the two make quite a pair!
4. Matt Damon: He married the luckiest bartender in the world, Luciana Barroso, and became her daughter, Alexia’s stepdad when the two married. But he wasn’t done making girls – the couple went on to have 3 more daughters! Isabella, Gia and Stella Damon.
5. James McAvoy: Talk about one private guy – this photo is apparently the only public one to exist of James and his son, Brendan. McAvoy is famous for ignoring the foofaraw that comes with being a celebrity, but while James was doing press for Gnomeo and Juliet, he wouldn’t even talk about his new baby! “The hardest thing about being a dad in this business - the best way for me to be a good dad is not to talk about him. I’m so sorry.” A dad that keeps his child out of the limelight? Very sexy.
6. Patrick Dempsey: The man is McDreamy, so no matter what he does, it’s always kind of hot. He’s a father to twin boys, Sullivan Patrick and Darby Galen, and daughter Tallula Fyfe. When Tallula was 3, she also commented on the actor’s gorgeous looks, to which Dempsey stated: “‘You’re very handsome, Poppy.’ That was the best compliment ever.”
7. Jerry O’Connell: He went from being the fat kid in Stand by Me to efflorescing into one freaking stud. O’Connell married supermodel Rebecca Romijn and had twin girls, Dolly Rebecca Rose and Charlie Tamara Tulip. The New York native looks right at home being surrounded by all those beautiful girls!
8. Brad Pitt: While we aren’t fans of him leaving Jennifer Aniston to start a new family with Angelina Jolie, there’s no denying he still looks hot carrying a gaggle of children! Pitt adopted Jolie’s two children, Maddox Chivan and Zahara Marley, when the couple first got together, and went on to have four more children – Shiloh Nouvel, Pax Thien and twins Knox Leon and Vivienne Marcheline.
9. Ben Affleck: He shocked everyone after a series of poor film choices that the actor could write, act and direct quite well, with pictures such as Gone Baby Gone and The Town. He’s also very good at making cute babies! Affleck married Hollywood girl-next-door Jennifer Garner, and became father to Violet and Seraphina. For a couple of Boston tough guys, Damon and Affleck certainly ended up surrounded by quite a few women!
1o. David Beckham: Yes, our editors have a slight obsession with his wife, so it’s no surprise we love the world’s most famous footballer just as much. And David is one sweet daddy. He became a father had the tender age of 23, and has remained faithful to the family he created as a young man. Married to Victoria, they have three sons, Brooklyn Joseph, Romeo James and Cruz David (pictured below) – and a little girl on the way!